Monday, October 6, 2014

A hikeless weekend

Today was perhaps the first weekend in a long time when I didn't hit a trail with the dogs. I had too many other things planned instead.

Saturday morning I was on a three-hour professional "photowalk" with a local photographer. Then, in the afternoon, I stopped at the Veteran's Memorial Park where the annual "Art in the Park" was taking place. It was in the low 90s and I felt heat exhaustion.

I got home and took the dogs on a mile-long run in Hunter Canyon. It was already dark at 6:30pm when we started, so we didn't have much sunlight left. It was just enough exercise for the dogs to get a short run in.

The highlight for the dogs came after the walk, when we all drove to the nearby Shell gas station to drive through the car wash. Zeke had already experienced a car wash a few months ago, but this time I had all four dogs with me. Sadie and Minnie were in the back and a tad nervous. Zeke had his eyes on the rotating bristle brushes slamming against the windows. And poor Sammy sat up front with me looking scared.


Today I sat inside writing more Amazon reviews (I'm trying to get ahead before next week's fall break) and then left at 11:30am to drive 80 miles to downtown Tucson to see Linda Ronstadt at the Fox Theater. I was a big fan of her music in high school and college in the late 1970s and early 1980s. I expected a big crowd so I showed up early. Box office didn't open until 4:30pm but people didn't even show up to form a queue until 3:15pm! The theater was only 3/4 full, and the balcony wasn't even opened.

I will make up some time with the dogs this coming week. We may get some rain later this week if TS Simon moves further north. I sure hope so. The hillsides are already turning brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment