Saturday, June 28, 2014

Finally, Oregon bound!

I started packing yesterday and am getting the last of the items in the van, to include the recycables that will be dropped off in Tucson. It's going to be hot going, and it looks like my route will be the California route into central Oregon. I will go around the central part of the state, hike around, then hit the coast and finish Oregon along the Columbia River driving eastward to the Snake River.

The boys will take care of the birds for me. Hopefully when I get back I can set them free. One bird still has a weak leg, but both have tail feathers that are 3/4 of their adult length. Both have healthy appetites.


Of course, the exact route will depend on weather and our health. Sometimes a place is so nice it merits an extra day.

I'm about two weeks behind schedule, but taking care of the birds and watching the World Cup distracted me. They were both nice distractions, as I was hoping to be here for the start of the rain. Instead, everything is drying up and the forest is looking grey-brown again.

Netherlands, Columbia, Belgium and Argentia all have nine points, but Brazil, Costa Rica, Germany and France all are tops in their groups. This should be interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! I've been waiting to hear about your trip.

    ReplyDelete