Friday, August 23, 2013

Willie has been spotted!

Our feral cat Willie walked across the perimeter of our front yard two mornings ago. I had not seen him since before my June road trip to Indiana. Our neighbor Nicole said he'd been on their front porch and they fed him in early July, but I hadn't seen him myself since they spotted him. I figured since Kevin and Eric had not been feeding Willie in my absence, that Willie started looking elsewhere for food. He is a survivor.

I had thought he had literally gone to the dogs, but there he was, dashing into the juniper shrubs. He meowed faintly when I called his name, so at least he still remembers that he has a name. Where has he been hiding all this time?

Reassured that he is still among the living, I went to refill the food bowl by the feral cat house I created on the side of our house. Since our own three cats have been locked in the garage the last three days, I knew that Willie or other strays had been eating the food I had been putting out.

No comments:

Post a Comment