Saturday, April 6, 2013

Walking the dogs in the neighborhood

This afternoon I did something I used to do much more often: I walked with three of the dogs on the three-mile course around the neighborhood. Sammy, Sadie and Minnie were the dogs I took today, if only to give Sadie some exercise to burn off her restlessness. She didn't pull or bark at any of the other dogs, in fact, she was at her best ever on-leash. Sammy followed along, but it was Minnie that barked at all the other dogs.

I can't remember the last time I walked the dogs on the course. Nothing has changed since I last walked it. We have new neighbors across the street moving in, and there are always a few other homes up for sale. Some of the dogs that used to go ballistic at my dogs are no longer around, but nothing major has changed at all. The corner house across from us, that was once home to a Mexican family, remains vacant and has been vacant for six months.

Weather is starting to warm up again. The trees have grown their leaves and the air is drying up. There's a lot of dust in the air again; even our air filters can't keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment