Monday, January 16, 2012

Parker Canyon Lake

I finally hiked with the club again this past Saturday, after only one short exploratory hike around Bisbee a week earlier. I just haven't been in the mood this year to get out and up. Could it be the post-Holiday blues? I don't know. Perhaps.

What worries me is that I haven't MISSED the hikes with friends. Until recently I was busy at the animal shelter, but saw how that was taking over my life. Something had to give, and I decided it had to be the shelter. The 40-minute drives one way, the added time and expense was too much. My own dogs were suffering.

So hopefully this will help bring me back to my weekly jaunts in the mountains, with dogs and humans or one of the two. It doesn't matter, as I need to get out more.

The hike on Saturday had hoped to be a bird-watching hike, walking counter-clockwise with a rather large group. Cheryl led the hike, she brought her friend Mona, and Hannah, Rod, Big Steve, Larry and Betsy and their dog, Steve A and John S showed up. The level 4.8-mile hike is an easy stretch to undertake, and weather was splendid.

I carried two full-sized cameras, though, hoping to take a few good eagle pics, but that was not to be. We saw several Great Blue Herons, a few egrets, lots of coots and several mallards, but no bald eagles. I carried a lot of weight around my neck!

More later

No comments:

Post a Comment