Friday, April 17, 2009

Montana Magazine

To get a headstart on learning about Montana, I ordered a subscription to Montana Magazine, which arrived today. The Magazine is as pretty as NJ Monthly, Texas Monthly and our own, Arizona Highways.

I am tentatively driving this route: From my town to Roswell, NM= 440 miles

Roswell, NM - Winfield, KS = 615 miles

Winfield, KS - Columbia, MO = 400 miles

Columbia, MO - Crown Point, IN = 890 miles


The first day to Roswell will be the easiest and fastest as I've been in NM enough times to know the nice areas. But I've never been in Roswell. I want to experience the "alien" encounter there for shits and giggles, perhaps take a short hike in as well. From Roswell I'll drive toward Winfield, KS where my friend Tony lives. Another friend, Judy, also lives nearby.

From southeastern KS it's on to Columbia, MO where an old High school friend of mine lives. I have to contact him first to see if he can get together for coffee or beer before I drive on to Chicagoland.

This entire stretch of the trip is 2345 miles long, and safely it would be better done as a five-day trip. Weather permitting, I may have to do that but I'll be anxious to get home and see Erin and the new baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment