Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Falling behind...

My blog is slowly falling behind. I'm still not done with the last three major entries. I can barely keep up with the photos. I will try to get caught up late tonight because tomorrow and possibly Thursday will be two more busy days.

I intend on leaving for my westward voyage monday morning, spending the night in Madison, WI before I dip back down into NW Illinois and the Mississippi Palisades. I've always wanted to hike down to the river there. Camp sites in the middle of the week should be available.

I just hope the weather warms up. It's been cool and drizzly most of the last seven days. If I get caught in a rainshower I'm going to be cold and miserable in the van. The van's going to smell and wet clothes will be hard to dry out until I find a motel or a laundry place somewhere en route. The hardest, loniest stretch of the journey lies ahead still. Storms, wrong turns and the unknown are still ahead of me.

Today here in NWI is another cool and drizzly day. Temps will reach the upper 60s. Meanwhile southern Arizona is battling wildfires and illegals.

No comments:

Post a Comment