Saturday, June 6, 2009

D-Day

This is the date Kevin wanted to get married on back in 2004 since he's a big military history buff but we missed the deadline for the JP's schedule. The town mayor only did weddings on Tuesday between 4 and 5pm. Instead, we tied the knot on July 13th. A month later we moved to Arizona and the rest is history.

D-day is a special day to me as I honor my fellow veterans and remember those who fell in war. We are losing over 1000 World War II veterans a day. In five more years only a handful will remain.

http://nwi.com/inc/frontpage.php

I hope today's military servicemembers will be remembered just as emotionally as the Greatest Generation has been. War is hell and it's most painful for the survivors.

***

I must now get ready for my next daytrip: a visit with Lindie and Michael outside Lafayette.

No comments:

Post a Comment